Tuesday, June 10, 2008

QOTD: Sean Carter/Sean Bell inspired...



“Fuck the world, why? Cause don’t no one love a Sean Carter, Sean Bell. What’s the difference? Do tell.”
-Jay-Z, "A Billi"

I heard this today and had to share. You’d think with the new Weezy and N.E.R.D. albums dropping today that that’s what I would be talking about but no, of course I’m talking about the new Jay-Z freestyle.

First of all, I love the beat! But the above line really stands out to me because after the Sean Bell verdict I have had a HUGE reality check about race and the legal system in this country. Anyways, I love and respect the fact that Jay put that out there and didn’t let that topic stay unheard in the hip-hop community. The line itself kind of says if it affects one of us, it affects all.

Who said hip hop dead?

No comments: