Thursday, January 8, 2009

Review: Cadillac Records





I must admit. I didn’t really want to see Cadillac Records after seeing the trailer. For whatever reason (Beyonce’s mediocre acting efforts), I was a bit skeptical. But I couldn’t have been more wrong.



This was a really good movie. I don’t even have anything deep or artistic to say about it. People were just acting real good in this movie. They weren’t acting well…they were acting good. Jeffrey Wright was absolutely brilliant as Muddy Waters. His performance was one of the best out of the cast. Adrien Brody delivered as expected and Beyonce actually did a good job. She was believable – to some extent there were moments where she just looked like beautiful Beyonce in a wig – but I have to give it to her. After this performance, I can seriously consider her an actress. (My favorite part: whenever she dropped the F bomb.)



There were many people in this movie: Gabrielle Union, Emmanuelle Chirqui, Cedric the Entertainer. But I do believe the diamond in the ruff was Columbus Short as Little Walter. He was genius. I didn’t even know he was in the film and he blew me away. Aside from Jeffrey, he was hands down the strongest actor in the movie.



If you haven’t seen and especially if you enjoy music, YOU MUST GO SEE THIS MOVIE. I highly recommend it. However, don’t take any young ones to go see it. The only downer about this movie is that there were a lot of unnecessarily exposed breasts and people using the eff word along with ‘mother effer’.



Aside from that though, it was flawless.

No comments: