Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, New Beginnings


Dear World,

It's officially 2009 and most of us have made resolutions. Some of us have one or two while others have concocted an entire list of things to do that we may never get to. But this year I challenge myself (and everyone reading this) to change for the better. Change is instantaneous and a choice. I'm choosing to be myself at my best no matter how hard it may be. Here's a few things I plan on working on/changing in 2009

  • strengthening my relationship with God: clearly this is at the top of my list. This doesn't mean going to church more (necessarily) but instead praying more, reading the Bible and having much more faith!
  • being in my best body ever: that doesn't mean losing or gaining weight per se but just looking and feeling good
  • having the wedding of my dreams: every girl has thought of this day but in real life, weddings cost beaucoup bucks but I'm not going to let that dictate the fabulosity of the day
  • starting a web show: this is something I've wanted to do for a couple of months now and after thorough planning, the help of great friends and vast tenacity this resolution may turn into real life as soon as next week
  • building my first home: it's something that the Fiance has always wanted to do and now I share that same dream
  • NETWORKING: just got a new internship and plan on networking my butt off while I'm there...
  • maintaining and cherishing relationships: I have a great family, becoming a part of an awesome one and over the years I have had some really great friendships with people who I don't necessarily see or speak to everyday but because of these people I've been the happiest I've ever been. My ultimate goal is to keep it that way.

I guess all in all what I'm trying to say is that change isn't bad. And I'm not doing it because it's what I'm "supposed" to do. I'm not doing it so people like me more, to more money, to be envied or anything like that. I'm not changing because I'm unhappy or even because 2008 was a bad year. Instead I'm changing for the better, because striving to be better is NEVER a bad thing. Come 2010, I'll be changing for the better AGAIN!

Have you made any changes or resolutions for the New Year? Let me know! Leave your comments...

No comments: