Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wedding: Bridesmaid Gowns

So, As I told you today was a slow news day. Well as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it was just a way of psyching myself out so I could actually get in "Bride" mode.

That being said, I'm trying my damndest to find a bridesmaids dress so my bridal party will have an idea of what their wearing and how much every should cost.

I only have 5 bridesmaids: My sister, 3 cousins and the Fiance's childhood friend. I'm close with all of them but 3 of them are out of town. (One in Maryland, my sis in NC and the other cousin in Philly.) So to keep this organized and have them still speaking to me by the time the wedding rolls around I've decided to create a Bridesmaid Packet - with all of the information of their dress...a calendar with specific dates - like bridal shower, bachelorette party, etc...so we can ALL be on the same page. The goal is to mail out all their packets by the beginning of the year so they have more than ample time to save, book travel and whatever else.

So I've been contemplating dresses. They're all in pretty decent shape, but all with different builds so hopefully I pick the right dress. I opting for a long dress.



Maybe something like this long Alfred Sung gown.


Or should I go for something short? (It will be September in Atlanta...still relatively warm.)


Like this short Priscilla of Boston number. Short can be cute.

However, I am planning to have a later wedding like after 4pm...so it'll be a little more formal. I did take to the Bari Jay wedding collection. Here are two that I found darling...




Now I've never been a bridesmaid before. In fact, I'm the first one out of my friends/cousins to get married/have a wedding. I'm not sure. I don't want to have them get a dress they'll never wear again...


What do you think? Let me know. Comment. Go. Now.

1 comment:

Rosilen said...

I like the short one best out of all of them......