Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Q-Tip, Janelle Monae and The Cool Kids


So last night, I checked out the Q-Tip, Janelle Monae and The Cool Kids show at the Loft here in Atlanta. Absotootlelutely fantabulous! (It was so good I had make up some words - so what? I like it, I'm running with it...)


Janelle Monae's voice is CRAZY. It's so beautiful and she's so small but do not get it twisted. She's a little ball of energy. She threw water on us and jumped into the crowd. She even came into crowd and was grooving. (She made this one kid's night.) But I have been anticipating seeing her live for quite some time now and I was IMPRESSED to say the least.


I really enjoyed The Cool Kids as well. Out of the three acts I probably listened to them the least but they have now made me a bonafide fan. They're probably the reason why my ears were ringing...their music has lots of 808 in it - which I LOVE! And they arguably have one of the hottest hooks in music right now (I'm Mikey...I rock) but I'm anxiously waiting for their album to drop now.


Of course, Q-tip was a delight. He just gives you everything he has when's on stage. I swear he wasn't even on the second yet and he was dripping in sweat. His stage performance is on point. He took me back with "Bonita Applebaum" and I swear I lost it when he performed "We Fight, We Love" and "Vivrant Thing" along with everyone else.


I was exhausted by the end of the show but it was so worth it! Here are my two fave moments (and pics) of the night). When Janelle (she's the little one in the middle) danced in the crowd and when Q-tip first hit the stage with mad energy (his face is priceless).

No comments: