Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Miley Cyrus' Sweet 16


Now, I must admit. I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan per se. I honestly hadn't even listened to the girl's music until Sunday night when she performed at the American Music Awards. And I must say I was beyond impressed.

I was mind boggled a few months ago when I learned that this teenager's franchise would be worth a billion dollars by the end of the year. That's crazy. (She can't touch it until she's 18, but that's still insane.) I knew little girls were obsessed with her and went crazy for her 'Hannah Montana' character but I just thought it was the magic formula of Disney marketing.

But wouldn't you know it...the girl is actually pretty good. Let me stop - she's great. Aside from Beyonce, she had the best performance of the night. She even had me bopping my head to "Fly on the Wall".

Miley celebrated her 16th birthday on Sunday at the AMA's. Fellow Disney star Ashley Tisdale, singer Taylor Swift and American Idol Jordin Sparks along with Miley's mom all gathered round to sing the star 'Happy Birthday' and present her with a massive cake.

So what does a mega rich teenage superstar get for her born day?

Her father, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, bought her a recording studio.

No comments: