Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Self Potrait: A Natural Woman



So as I get older I keep convincing myself that I need to wear lipstick...assert myself and wear more skirts and just fully grab being a woman by the balls. (How about that for an oxy moron?!)

I didn't have instant overnight success but I did try a lipstick (which I rarely do except for special occasions) and I loved it! A rouge mouth is a happy mouth. I don't know why I don't do this more often. I love make up and I love my lips but I think I was always afraid for the two to come together in full blown technicolor. But if you pick the right color to go with your complexion (and contrast beautifully with your ensemble - there's nothing worse than matchy-matchy make up) you can work wonders!

Don't worry I didn't wear that goofy look on my face the entire time but the lip color (Red Fig by Mary Kay) went perfect with my marigold pokadotted top with beige dress pants and pearls.

I really felt like...a natural woman.

Cheesy? Yes...but you get my drift.

No comments: