Wednesday, August 6, 2008

NYC!



Yes, yes. I know. I’ve been promising to post more regularly and it’s been about a week or so. But people I’ve been in my favorite place EVER…that’s right: New York City.

I’ve been having the time of my life. Dealing with people traffic, eating sandwiches from the deli at your local bodega and going out every single night. But honestly that’s not what it’s about. Aside from the shopping and the amazing opportunities, I have seriously met some of the most interesting and best people that are now some of my good friends. It’s funny because a lot of people expect New Yorkers to be a**holes but they’re not. They’re just always in a rush. But once you get a minute from them they’ll more than likely be willing to talk, help you get where you need to go or commit a random act of kindness.

Shocker…I know.

But it’s true. There’s no way a little lady from a small town in PA (me) came to this city three years ago and made it on her own with no family living there in a city full of a**holes. Of course, there are your occasional sour grapes but you can find those anywhere. But think about it, if New Yorkers were all so bad would 8 million people be living there?

Didn’t think so…

No comments: