Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Weekend


I apologize people for the lack of the blogging Friday thru Monday. I sorta had a hectic weekend. Between work and writing I couldn't bring myself to blog.

As a random tidbit because I had it on Friday morning...nothing starts your day off like a chicken biscuit from Chik-Fil-A and some good ole OJ.


After working all day Friday, I had an interview with Kameron Corvet, an Atlanta based artist who was playing at Grape in Atlantic Station. He was great and mean on the guitar. My favorite songs are "Spelman Girl" and "Kiss and Make Up" (from his upcoming album Korporate Rockstar.) For more on Kameron check out his myspace...


It was pretty funny while I was interviewing Kameron because we got interrupted like 3 times. Apparently, I don't look important enough to interview someone. Because this picture was definitely during my interview. But I get it. They really wanted their autograph...

Then I worked Saturday...and apparently wasted the rest of the day now that I think about it.
(UPDATE: As it turns out, I did blog this weekend. Oops...I completely lost track.)

Sunday I had the day off and went to the boyfriend's parents' house. Next up, I saw the play 'For Colored Girls Who Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf' at the 14th Street Playhouse. It was PHENOMENAL! Jasmine Guy directed it and it was truly an inspirational piece that revealed the untold story of women of color. I wrote an article on the play being the directorial debut of Ms. Guy for Savoy Professional magazine which will officially make that my first published article.


Tired? Yes, but it was all worth it and this is the face I ended the weekend with.

No comments: