Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Art of David Patterson


So last week sometime, the Boyfriend and I went to Atlantic Station to get out of the house. Aside from checking out the new H&M (which I heart) and the movies, we strolled by some street vendors that were out that weekend. As I strolled by, I came across David Patterson and his innovative art. I've honestly never really seen anyone else do this before. (Apparently, as an art student this is something that they are taught to do.) He's been doing it for a while now and he had so many pictures. They were all so beautiful...fantasy like visions of black art. What's cool about Patterson's art is he uses a pen and creates textures with different little lines and squiggles (as I like to call them). I'm not even an art buff but I seriously wanted to purchase every picture he had in the biggest size possible. Realizing that I had no where to put them in the apartment, I politely purchased the above picture (which is called "Surprise") in a convenient 8X10 size. However, once I do get my bigger place I plan on getting more of Patterson's pieces.

Add him my on myspace and show him some love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have his contact info? I've been trying to track him down. If so please contact me via: www.myspace.com/yannamc