Monday, June 9, 2008

The Random Dozen: 90's R&B edition

So after some deep thought and consideration and thorough YouTubin', I give you what I call The Random Dozen. As a music lover, I thoroughly go through random songs in my head and even reminisce about videos from time to time and so I decided to share. You're welcome.

12. 112 – ONLY YOU
What is that…satin?


11. BRANDY & MONICA – THE BOY IS MINE

Sorry, Mike and Paul…I prefer the girls’ version.


10. PUFF (Diddy didn’t exist yet) & MASE – BEEN AROUND THE WORLD

And because I love you, I’ve given you the long (9 and a half minute) cinematic version.


9. FOXY BROWN feat. DRU HILL – BIG BAD MAMA

Foxy’s yellow ensemble is my favorite.


8. BLACKSTREET feat. DR. DRE & QUEEN PEN – NO DIGGITY

A Backstreet Boys video favorite, apparently.


7. DESTINY’S CHILD – NO, NO, NO (Part II)

Young Beyonce and the crew in some of Mama Tina’s best ensembles.


6. JANET JACKSON feat. MC LYTE – YOU WANT THIS

Favorite song from the Janet album.


5. TIMBALAND & MAGOO – UP JUMPS DA BOOGIE

Awesomeness.


4. JAY-Z – (Always be my) SUNSHINE

Probably Jay and Hype’s worst video. They were doing the most while Foxy was doing the usual.


3. WARREN G feat. NATE DOGG – REGULATE

Had to show the west coast some 90’s love.


2. MASTER P – MAKE ‘EM SAY UHHH
No Limit in full force. And Shaq in the video for no reason at all.


1. BRANDY – I WANNA BE DOWN (remix)

B + MC Lyte, YoYo and Queen Latifah spittin’ hot fire + a young Ray J in the background = priceless.

No comments: