Monday, May 5, 2008

24 Days!

So, I’m turning 24 in 24 days and I noticed that even though I am a generally happy person I’m not really doing what I need to do to be at my happiest. Working retail is not something I’m necessarily looking to turn into a career and as much as I love dance I wasn’t doing it nearly enough. And even though my parents want me to go back to school, I want to go back even more. That being said, I’ve come up with a plan to get the most out of my days by waking up earlier, working out and making a living off of the things I love to do. I know that isn’t what they teach growing up but I don’t plan following path. I’m making my own path and leaving a trail. Besides, we’re in a damn recession and self employment is the smart way to go, unlike retail. (I swear we’ve been in a recession for the last 20 years. I should’ve never gotten into retail in the first place.) Of course it’s easier said than done. Working for yourself takes a lot of discipline and you have to have the nerve to set your own schedule and actually follow it. Luckily, though I’ll soon be 24 and by then I should be able to handle it :)



Bopping my head to: “Going On” – Gnarls Barkley

No comments: